Best Way to Clean Sterling Silver Jewellery at Home
Cleaning Sterling Silver jewellery is essential to ensure your unique pieces are sparkling for when you want to wear them. When your jewellery shines, you do too, which is why it's so important to keep it looking it's gorgeous best! With our easy step-by-step guide, you'll be able to keep your Baltic Beauty pieces looking brand new.
Did you know, you can download this guide as a PDF to keep? Click here.
Table of Contents:
How often should you clean your jewellery?
3-step guide to clean your Jewellery
5 things to avoid when cleaning silver
4 tips for caring for Baltic Beauty Jewellery
How often should you clean Baltic Beauty jewellery? Your everyday pieces of Baltic Beauty jewellery won't tarnish too quickly. This is partly because of the properties of the materials used. Baltic Beauty is committed to sustainability, using recycled metals and ethical stones in our jewellery.
The Baltic Beauty pieces that sit in your jewellery box unworn for a while are more likely to become tarnished. Whether these are your earrings for a special occasion or an everyday chain you never take off, you need to know how to clean Baltic Beauty jewellery to keep your favourite items looking their best. Your everyday things that get a lot of wear, like dainty rings and classic necklaces, will need cleaning less often due to the frequent wear keeping them buffed. Your special occasion designs like heartfelt pendants or bold bracelets will need polishing more frequently because they don't get as much friction. You need to know how to clean Baltic Beauty jewellery to enjoy your accessories for longer. Once you've discovered how to style Baltic Beauty, the next step is caring for it. See how to clean Baltic Beauty jewellery with our 3-step guide to keeping your pieces looking brand new.
3-step guide to clean Baltic Beauty jewellery
Cleaning Baltic Beauty jewellery will keep your favourite pieces shiny and looking brand new. You can purchase jewellery cleaning products, such as silver polish, or a complete jewellery cleaning kit. You can also make your own cleaner at home, which will remove built-up tarnish with ease.
Simply follow these 3 steps to learn how to clean silver jewellery:
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with some lukewarm water to make a paste. Apply to your Baltic Beauty jewellery and leave it on for a few minutes.
- Gently rub the paste with a paper towel or microfiber cloth to clean it off. You can use a small brush or toothbrush for the more intricate areas.
- Rinse the paste with cold water and buff it to dry for a polished finish.
Just as you look after and clean gold jewellery, you can easily clean Baltic Beauty jewellery by following these steps. It's important to do and is a quick, at-home method for cleaning Baltic Beauty jewellery. Once you've cleaned your pieces, you can follow our guide to caring for your jewellery.
3 tips to clean silver earrings: Cleaning your favourite silver earrings can be done simply at home.
Here are three steps to cleaning your silver earrings:
- Remove your Baltic Beauty earrings.
- Place them in a saline solution, removing any dirt gently.
- Take them out of the saline and pat dry with a clean cloth.
If you have a gemstone or diamond earrings, you can clean the silver with a very soft toothbrush.
How to clean silver rings: Rings can often be a piece of jewellery that tarnishes - however, this shouldn't be the case with Baltic Beauty. You can clean your favourite silver rings with these tips:
- Use silver polish on a soft cloth to buff the surface.
- Rub only up and down rather than in circles.
- Rinse the rings with warm water to remove the polish.
The best ways to clean silver necklaces
A silver chain necklace is a must-have staple for many jewellery fans. Here's how to clean this silver design with ease:
- Place your Baltic Beauty necklaces in a baking powder and warm water solution.
- Leave to sit for a few minutes before rinsing with clean water.
- Dry your necklaces with a clean, soft cloth.
How to keep silver bracelets sparkling: Charm bracelets and other designs can be intricate and in need of cleaning from time to time. Here are our top tips to clean a Baltic Beauty bracelet:
- Either follow the same method as cleaning your silver necklaces.
- Or create a mixture of warm water with mild detergent to soak your bracelet for a few moments before rinsing it off.
- Use a soft cloth to dry your piece.
5 things to avoid when cleaning silver:
When learning how to clean Baltic Beauty jewellery, you need to know what to avoid. This is so you don't accidentally harm or hinder your favourite pieces. Keeping them shining and polished is essential to let you enjoy them, so avoid these 5 things when you're cleaning Baltic Beauty jewellery:
- If your Baltic Beauty jewellery contains precious gemstones, such as diamond rings, do not submerge and leave them to soak in water because this could dissolve any adhesive and loosen the stones.
- Avoid using harsh scrubbing pads that may scratch your jewellery.
- Do not wrap your silver jewellery pieces in latex or rubber because these could react with the metal.
- Steer clear of the mindset that you can't wear your favourite items to preserve them. Wearing your pieces will help keep them looking less tarnished thanks to the natural friction they will experience as you wear them.
- Avoid storing your silver jewellery with non-precious metals like stainless steel because this could lead to tarnishing.
Taking proper care of your pieces will help them last longer and keep them looking their best, which will help you feel your best when you wear them.
4 tips for caring for your sterling silver jewellery
Now you know how to clean Baltic Beauty jewellery, you can keep your favourite pieces catwalk-ready. It's also a great idea to try and prevent tarnishing, so you won't have to clean your pieces so frequently. Cleaning and caring for your Baltic Beauty jewellery is how you can improve your tarnished accessories and keep them looking their best. Look after your treasures with these 4 easy tips:
- Wear your jewellery! Having your jewellery on more often and letting it experience the gentle friction of being worn does wonders to reduce and prevent tarnishing. How great is that!
- Store in soft jewellery holders like jewellery rolls and jewellery boxes rather than metal tins or trays. This helps prevent your Baltic Beauty jewellery from tarnishing in the future.
- Add a piece of chalk or a silica gel sachet into the jewellery box to reduce moisture and humidity inside your jewellery storage.
- Remove jewellery before showering and doing the dishes to reduce their exposure to moisture. Wait until any products are dry on your skin before putting your jewellery back on.
Cleaning your Baltic Beauty pieces and caring for them can keep them shining and thriving for longer. That way, you can keep loving your jewellery for a lifetime, while adding more to your collection because you want to, not because you have to!
Why choose Baltic Beauty?
At Baltic Beauty, we make contemporary jewellery and are passionate about sustainability. With recycled metals and ethical stones, you can find heart jewellery, layered necklaces, and engraved jewellery for endless style and gifting inspiration.